Matt joins the Cougars as a coach this season after being a major contributor to the 2013 roster which brought an Atlantic Championship title. Matt is finishing his Kinesiology degree at UNB and looks to get into the Education Program and return to the field next season.
Matt Clark, Asst. Coach
Kevin is in his inaugural coaching season with the Cougars after serving as a team leader for the previous 5 seasons. McCarthy graduated in 2013 from UNB with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical) and was able to continue his education in 2013 Fall semester in Science.
Kevin McCarthy, Asst. Coach
Mark brings a strong league background to the executive having served on both the CIBA and CCBA executives as the Vice President in 2010-2011 and 2014. Mark has participated in several Baseball Canada National Championships throughout his years playing ball in Fredericton, as well as four CIBA National Championships with UNB winning back to back years in 2007 and 2008. His familiarity with the league and experience at different National Championship tournaments brings a diverse look to the executive. A quick overview of Mark’s accomplishments throughout his career is as follows:
· Vice President – Canadian Collegiate Baseball Association (2014)
· Manager – University of New Brunswick Baseball Club (2011-Present)
· Vice President – Canadian Intercollegiate Baseball Association (2010-2011)
· Player – (National Champion ’07 & ’08) University of New Brunswick (’06-’07, ’11-’13)
· Player – Fredericton Senior Royals (2012-Present)
· Co-Founder/Director – UNB Baseball Camps (2009-Present)
Mark MacNevin, Manager
David Dion is the Executive Director of Baseball New Brunswick. He was hired in 2008 shortly after graduating from the University of New Brunswick with a Sports Management degree with a minor in Marketing. David has worked closely with Baseball Canada in growing the game of baseball across the country with long term athlete development initiatives such as the Rally Cap program, Girls Day, My First Pitch program, etc. David is also trained as a facilitator and evaluator for the sport of baseball in the NCCP system. Over the last six years David has dedicated his life to growing the game of baseball.
- Executive Director, Baseball New Brunswick (2008 - Present)
- NCCP Facilitator and Evaluator (2009 -present)
- Coach New Brunswick Board Representative (2014 - Present)
- Baseball NB 15U Junior Selects Coach (2012- 2014)
- Facilitator during Blue Jays national coaching clinic ( Jan, 2014)
- UNB Cougars Baseball Head Coach – (Sept 2014 – Present)
David Dion, Head Coach